12/20/2015

The Force awoke - and I'm almost asleep


It's 20 past 11 pm, and we've just come home after watching Star Wars. Almost everything I had heard about it was positive, but I'm a little bit... well, I can't say disappointed for I've actually had no expectations at all. If I had to rate it, I'd give it three out of five stars.

We watched the movie in 3D, which was a good decision because of the x-wing fighter scenes. The special effects were brilliant, of course. And yes, BB-8 is oh-so-cute. But the screenplay? Without giving away too much, I had the feeling I've seen everything before. Maybe not so politically correct and stylish (well, the bagle-do was stylish in its own right, don't you think?), but it's all been there before. All the time I thought, "Ah, they want to show us that women can fight, too."

If you haven't seen it yet - go. Bring popcorn and enjoy yourself. It's okay. Add a buck and watch the 3D version. But don't think they re-invent the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment