2/06/2016

There goes my Baby...

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this happen in our yard yesterday morning:


Seriously, I loved that car. I'm 42 now, and still, it was only the second car I ever owned. Now it goes off to... the Netherlands.

Just to mention it: This car & I, we've gone through several adventures together. Icy roads in winter (not so much this year, but during the past ten years), lots of traffic jams on the German Autobahn (and I still wonder each and every time where all those people are going) and last but not least the famous Friday evening rush-hour in Paris. 

The only reason why I decided to let it go was because one of those opportunities-too-good-to-miss came along my way...

Plus, I knew that I'd have to invest in the little black one if I wanted to keep it for another few years. Two new sets of tires (summer and winter), and the timing belt would have to be changed in about two years. Plus who knows what else.

So I decided mind over heart to set this little car free. I really hope the Dutch guy who'll drive it from now on will treat it nicely.

My new (used) car will be here in a few days, so I'll have to borrow someone else's drive for errands on the weekend, but I guess I can deal with it.

Now all that's left to say is:  

Thank you, little black car! You did a really good job! 
May you drive past many windmills and always smell tulips...


No comments:

Post a Comment