11/24/2015

Christmas Countdown 2015 - Part 1


Totensonntag, the last Sunday before Advent (the sunday on which the dead are commemorated), has come and gone, which means that Christmas isn't that far away any more. In a month, it'll me Christmas Eve!

I suppose it's similar in all the families, but as I learned it from my Mom who learned it from my grandmother (who probably learned it from her mother):  

You just don't start decorating before Totensonntag! 

No way! No matter what! And no matter what other people do.

I stick to that rule, though every year around Totensonntag, the decorating fever gets hold of me. You see so many nice decorations everywhere you look, on the web, in magazines, in stores, in books... there's no chance to escape the inspiration! 

So during the past two days, some tiny Christmas items have popped up in our living room... I hadn't planned to get anything new this year except the candles for our advent wreath (hello - after all, I'm in the process of decluttering the house!!!). But then, when I went candle shopping, i just couldn't resist to get a few more tiny things...

Sometimes you just need to treat youself to something new. And I'm sure these tiny things will make wonderful memories!






No comments:

Post a Comment