11/30/2015

November 2015 in Review

Time to take a look back...  


 At Home... 


Got rid of lots of CDs and DVDs (and their jewel cases, respectively).

Bought everything I needed to fix this year's Advent Wreath. Fixed this year's Advent Wreath.

Started decorating for the holidays. 

For Myself... 


Got myself a new skin care program. Heck, this was expensive! Hope my skin appreciates it...

Treated myself to a coconut body scrub.

Went to the new outlet in the neighberhood, got myself a black poncho, a wooden shawl embroidered with some tiny pearls and a black hooded anorak to stay warm and dry during these wet fall days.

Discovered I love "Call the Midwife" even though I don't have kids.

Got Adele's "25" and listened to it in my car all the time. "When We Were Young" is my favorite! 

Had a lot of pumpkin spice coffee.

Books Read... 


Marie Kondo, "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying".

Helmut Schmidt, "Was ich noch sagen wollte" ("What I wanted to add"). Again. In memoriam. 

Alison May, "30 Days To Bliss - The Christmas Countdown" 

And Otherwise...


Turned 42. Ouch.

Went to the Christmas Markets in Paderborn and Halle (Westf.).

Enjoyed a merry evening at friends' home with really yummy food. Need the recipe for the spinach quiche.

Took my mom on a shopping spree to Bielefeld. Spent money on things I don't really need but thoroughly enjoy...

Went to see "Spectre". Not as brilliant as "Skyfall". Thought the best special effect was that Monica Bellucci could walk with stilettos on the lawn without sinking in.

The Paris Attacks. Still kind of horrified.

Went to see Atze Schröder's latest comedy program: "Richtig Fremdgehen" ("Cheating Correctly"). Pretty rustic humour, but exactly what I needed only 48 hours after the Paris attacks.

Got 26 postcards via Postcrossing. 

Went to a funeral on a sunny day and started sobbing when I saw a good friend cry bitterly.

No comments:

Post a Comment